Masters-level Licensed Professional Counselor (Texas License # 76102) & National Certified Counselor specializing in Military Issues and Combat-Related Trauma. Provide Crisis Intervention and Evidence-Based Treatments for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Military Sexual Trauma, Combat Operational Stress, and other diagnoses. Certified clinician in Cognitive Processing Therapy and Prolonged Exposure. 20+ years’ experience serving Active Duty Military, Veterans, Military retirees, & family members. Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP) and active American Group Psychotherapy Association member. Extensive training on trauma and ethics. Published researcher, Combat Veteran.
Education & Credentials
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, trained by Dr. Edna Foa, Center for Treatment & Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents, trained by Dr. Edna Foa, Center for Treatment & Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, trained by Dr. Katy Dondanville, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Certified Group Psychotherapist, American Group Psychotherapy Association, Board Member San Antonio Group Psychotherapy Society
- Master of Arts, Counseling, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence Achievement Award, Heidelberg, Germany, 2008 For classified work on European terrorism Task Force
- Certified Strategic Debriefer, Interrogator, Linguist TF 134, USNB Guantanamo, Iraq
- Enlisted Army 1997-2006. Commissioned Navy Reserve Officer 2006-present
Selected Unclassified Publications
Cruse, V. (2021). The soldier's guide to PTSD: How to no-sh*t reclaim your life. Military Counseling Center.
Cruse, V. (2014). Abusive supervision, workplace deviance and the impact on intelligence in U.S. service intelligence centers. National Ground Intelligence Center, Charlottesville, VA.
Cruse, V. (2011). Changing interrogation facility management. Naval War College Review, Newport, RI.
Cruse, V. (2007). Finding redemption through acceptance. National Public Radio. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16993136